Exemplary pipeline crossing in a single step
The sandy, sticky clay of the pipeline crossings in Wierzchowice and Czeszów presented the drilling crew with just such project conditions. Furthermore, the two alignments with lengths of 700 and 464 meters respectively run along existing gas lines. Uncontrolled deviations during the drilling process thus had to be avoided at all costs. In view of these requirements, for the first time main contractor PGNiG Technologies S.A. together with drilling contractor PPI Chrobok S.A. opted for the innovative Direct Pipe technology from Herrenknecht. This method combines the advantages of microtunnelling and HDD technology. In a single step the required borehole is created and the prefabricated pipe is simultaneously installed without a trench.
Official press release of the client
Machine data M-2091
- Machine type: Direct Pipe (AVN800 + Pipe Thruster HK500PT)
- Excavation diameter: 1,140mm
- Max. torque: 90kNm
- Thrust force Pipe Thruster: 500t
- Pipeline length: 1x 464 m, 1x 700m
- Product pipe outer diameter: 1,047mm
- Product pipe material: steel pipe with 3 x LPP + GRP Coating
- Application: gas pipeline
- Geology: sand, cohesive clay, gravel
- Customer: PPI Chrobok S.A.
- Main Contractor: PGNiG Technologies S.A.
- Client: Gaz-System S.A.